Swansea is a hotspot for Japanese knotweed. This invasive plant species tends to spread very quickly if left untreated, and it’s incredibly versatile – it can grow almost anywhere!
Taylor Total Weed Control is a PCA-registered vegetation management company specialising in Japanese knotweed. We have helped numerous homeowners in Swansea and Gower to get this problematic plant under control.
Japanese Knotweed Removal in Swansea
Request a Survey
What problems can Japanese knotweed cause?
Here are just some of the reasons why Japanese knotweed is such a big concern here in South Wales and throughout the UK:
- The plant grows very quickly – up to 10cm a day in summer – and can cause structural damage by growing through small cracks in walls, concrete, etc.
- Lenders are often reluctant to approve mortgage applications when the property in question is affected by Japanese knotweed. As a result, you may find it very difficult to sell your Swansea home home if there’s knotweed in the garden.
- As a highly invasive non-native species, Japanese knotweed is subject to strict environmental laws. If you allow it to spread into the wild – even by accident – you may have to pay a fine or even spend time in prison.
One key reason why Japanese knotweed has become such a widespread problem in cities like Swansea is because the plant can thrive in conditions that are not typically considered hospitable to plant life. As Swansea Council’s guidance states, Japanese knotweed “grows in virtually all habitats and soil types, and its growth is not dependent on climate. In Swansea it is found on beaches, grassland, wet ground, along water courses, in gardens, derelict land, graveyards and railway embankments and hedges.”
What to do if you have Japanese knotweed on your property
Have you found Japanese knotweed on your land? Don’t panic! Taylor Total Weed Control have helped lots of people in Swansea to keep this plant at bay and avoid the issues listed above.
As members of the Property Care Association (PCA), we are more than qualified to deal with your Japanese knotweed problem. The first step is to arrange a survey – this initial visit will allow us to confirm the presence of Japanese knotweed on your property and assess the extent of your infestation. We can then recommend the best course of action.
We offer the following Japanese knotweed management services:
- Herbicide Application – We will treat your knotweed using specialist herbicides. Applications can be carried out as and when required, or we can arrange a 3-year treatment programme with 2-year monitoring period to make sure the plant doesn’t grow back.
- Excavation & Removal – The faster (but more expensive) option. We can remove your Japanese knotweed and dispose of it at an approved landfill site.
Call Taylor Total Weed Control on 029 2039 7554 to arrange an initial survey and get expert advice from the Japanese knotweed specialists. We are based right here in South Wales, just a short way down the M4 from Swansea, and we are able to remove knotweed from both homes and commercial premises.