Swansea is a hotspot for Japanese knotweed. This invasive plant species tends to spread very quickly if left untreated, and it’s incredibly versatile – it can grow almost anywhere!
ITaylor Total Weed Control is a PCA-registered vegetation management company specialising in Japanese knotweed. We have helped numerous homeowners in Swansea and the Gower to get this problematic plant under control.
Japanese Knotweed Removal in Swansea
Request a Survey
What problems can Japanese knotweed cause?
Here are just some of the reasons why Japanese knotweed is such a big concern here in South Wales and throughout the UK:
- The plant grows very quickly – up to 10cm a day in summer – and can cause structural damage by growing through small cracks in walls, concrete, etc.
- Lenders are often reluctant to approve mortgage applications when the property in question is affected by Japanese knotweed. As a result, you may find it very difficult to sell your home if there’s knotweed in the garden.
- As a highly invasive non-native species, Japanese knotweed is subject to strict environmental laws. If you allow it to spread into the world – even by accident – you may have to pay a fine or even spend time in prison.
What to do if you have Japanese knotweed on your property
Have you found Japanese knotweed on your land? Don’t panic! Taylor Total Weed Control have helped lots of people in Swansea to keep this plant at bay and avoid the issues listed above.
As members of the Property Care Association (PCA), we are more than qualified to deal with your Japanese knotweed problem. The first step is to arrange a survey – this initial visit will allow us to confirm the presence of Japanese knotweed on your property and assess the extent of your infestation. We can then recommend the best course of action for your requirements.
We generally offer two different options:
- Herbicide Application – We will treat your knotweed using specialist herbicides. Applications can be carried out as and when required, or we can arrange a 3-year treatment programme with 2-year monitoring period to make sure the plant doesn’t grow back.
- Excavation & Removal – The faster (but more expensive) option. We can remove your Japanese knotweed and dispose of it at an approved landfill site.
Call Taylor Total Weed Control on 029 2039 7554 to arrange an initial survey and get expert advice from the Japanese knotweed specialists.