Japanese Knotweed Expert Witness
Here at Taylor Total Weed Control, we have a team of Japanese knotweed experts who can offer legal advice to help you resolve disputes with neighbours, estate agents or surveyors. We can also provide an expert witness if necessary.
Typical Knotweed Disputes
Japanese knotweed can have a huge financial and structural impact on people’s homes, so legal disputes are fairly commonplace. The same kinds of cases come up time and time again – here are the most common:
- Disputes between neighbours where Japanese knotweed has encroached from one property to another.
- Disputes with sellers / estate agents who provided false information about knotweed during a property purchase or sale.
- Disputes with surveyors who failed to identify or incorrectly identified Japanese knotweed.
- Planning permission disputes related to Japanese knotweed.
Taylor Total Weed Control have been removing Japanese knotweed for over 15 years and in that time, we’ve established ourselves as one of the leading Japanese knotweed removal companies in Wales.
- We are registered with the Property Care Association (PCA)
- We’re accredited by the Environment Agency
- We are registered as Chartered Environmentalists with RICS
- Our technicians have qualifications from City & Guilds Land Based Services
This means that we can provide an informed and impartial opinion of your case that will stand up in a court of law.
Our Expert Witness Service Includes:
- Expert Japanese knotweed legal advice
- A confidential survey of the Japanese knotweed in question
- Preparation of reports to advise advocates and solicitors
- Impact and risk assessments
- Cost estimation for treatment (if necessary)
We work with both defendants and claimants, so whether you’re making a Japanese knotweed claim or a claim is being made against you – we can help! No claim is too big or too small, we’ll provide the same expert service for each of our clients.